MYSQL DB 5.5.31
MySQL is the most widely used open source relational database management system (RDBMS) that runs as a server providing multi user access to a number of databases. MySQL is a popular choice of database for use in web applications, and is a central component of the widely used for open source application software stack. My SQL is easy to use, yet extremely powerful, secure and scalable. Because of its small size and speed, it is the ideal database solution for websites.
Because of its unique storage engine architecture MySQL performance is very high. And also supports a large number of embedded applications which makes MySQL very flexible.
- Easy to use - While a basic knowledge of SQL is required - and most relational databases require the same knowledge. With a few simple SQL statements, you can build and interact with MySQL.
- Secure - MySQL includes solid data security layers that protect sensitive data from intruders.
- Inexpensive - It is available by free download from MYSQL website.
- Manages memory well - It has been thoroughly tested to avoid the memory leaks.
- Fast and Scalable - MySQL offers only a fewer features compared to their competitors although MySQL still offers all of the features required by most database developers.
- It runs on many operating systems.
- Supports several development platforms.